- This event has passed.
London Human Space: Mime-fulness
September 18 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm WEST
ABOUT THE EVENT
Human Space: Self-worth via the Senses
We now have more ways than ever to communicate with each other. However loneliness is increasing and people are feeling less connected with each other. A culture of busyness has also emerged where people often feel they don’t have time to connect with themselves.
Human Space is a new way of addressing this. The purpose is to provide a safe space where people can discover an experience of self-worth, deeply connecting with themselves and each other. Events are held monthly on the theme of experiencing self-worth via the senses e.g. voice work, movement, touch, smell and taste.
The next Human Space event in September is “Mime-fulness” led by Ailon Freedman.
This combination of mindfulness and playfulness is a core part of experiencing self worth. It brings together the playfulness of the “inner child” with the watchful awareness of the grown up adult. Bringing the child and adult parts together give us a strong feeling of self-worth and resilience.
What to expect:
– introductions: meeting each other without masks
– we begin with a short check-in (taking our emotional temperature)
– then simple childlike movement games based around walking and moving with full body awareness
– core practice: games and exercises where we move with slow, conscious awareness while having fun
– random interludes of meditation: short islands where we rest, become still but also enjoy the energy created by the games
-final check in.
– plans for our next meeting: what would you suggest?
Wear loose comfortable clothing – or a dinner suit. It’s up to you!